Criminal Defense Lawyer
The Law Offices of Joanie Rae Wimmer helps people harmed by their employer, the government, or representatives of the government, such as police officers and other public officials. Our focus is to uncover the truth by detailed investigation, to support our clients’ position with all evidence and testimony available, and to convey to the judge and jury the essential human dignity of our clients.
- Argued and won the “class of one” Equal Protection case in the U.S. Supreme Court, Village of Willowbrook v. Olech, 528 U.S. 562 (2000)
- Tried in excess of thirty jury trials to verdict
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Chicago Magazine in 2005 in the field of civil rights, and in 2006 in the field of constitutional law
- Obtained the first Illinois Human Rights Commission award in a case involving transgender discrimination in Fitzsimmons v. Universal Taxi Dispatch, Inc., ALS No. 09-0661 (2011)
- Named by The National Trial Lawyers to their Top 100 Trial Lawyers, in the category of criminal defense lawyers.
Twenty-Five Year Ownership